Well, last Sunday was a very frustrating day. I shorted out my controller board frying one of my easysteppers and all of the buffer chips in my breakout board. I was too frustrated to work on the boards for now so I ordered a new controller board on eBay.
It is a very nice package. It is a 3.5 Amp stepper driver with a parallel interface built in. It is a China unit but it seems to work very well. I also ordered a new Stepper motor for my Z axis. Anyway here is a video of the CNC cutting the Roadrunner Gcode in Mach 3, into Styrofoam. Skip to about 2:08 to see a wider view of the system and the touch screen monitor.
I don’t blame you for skipping through it, kind of dry video but I was excited to see it work! The bit I had in the router was too big so some of the lines ran together but all in all it did pretty well.
More to come.