I finally got the spindle mount GCode right and made one of my 4 Spindle mount pieces. Look at the video below.
Here is the finished piece.
Here is a video of one of my test patterns using some 1/4″ scrap wood.
I had to make several manual modifications to the gcode to get it right. Not because CAM software did it wrong, I just didn’t have all the settings right when I created the gcode. Also I don’t have any home switches installed yet so all the absolute values are wrong or at least that is what I think you call them. The machine coordinates I know are not right until I get the home switches installed. I am still learning about all of this and I have a long way to go.
I have ordered some upgrades that should make some nice improvements in cutting speed. I have 3 new Acme leadscrews and nuts coming along with some other enhancements, such as bearing blocks and a motor mount for the Z-axis. My tie wraps are working but are a little to gehtto for me:-)